Employment Resources & Opportunities
This page is a place to share employment-related resources and open job opportunities in DC, MD and VA with survivors. The resources and job opportunities posted on this page are external to the organization and are not affiliated with TASSC. If you have questions about any of the jobs, please research them on the employer's webpage or ask your Case Manager for assistance.
Job Websites: Here are a few websites where you can find jobs in DC, MD and VA. For most of these websites, you can search by location, job type and key words. If you click on the name, you will be taken to the website.
- Craigslist - Use Craigslist to find jobs in the US.
- Idealist - Use Idealist to connect with people who want to do good, to find volunteer opportunities, and to find jobs in the nonprofit and/or humanitarian sector.
- LinkedIn - Use LinkedIn to create an online professional networking profile, to read career advice from job experts, and to search for jobs in the US and around the world.
- Devex - Use Devex to find global development, humanitarian, health and sustainability jobs in the US and around the world.
- Indeed - Use Indeed to post your resume and find jobs in the US.
- DCJobs - Use DCJobs to find jobs in DC.
- USAJOBS - Use USAJOBS to find jobs with the federal government in the US and around the world.
- Monster - Use Monster to find jobs, career opportunities, hiring events and to read career and resume advice from job experts.
Employment Opportunities - Open Positions & Fairs
Here is a list of jobs and employers TASSC thought survivors may be interested in. Click on the company title to be redirected to the job page. Please note that these jobs are not affiliated with TASSC. If you have questions, research the webpage or contact the hiring agency.
- At Your Service Catering - At Your Service Catering provides reliable bartenders, waiters, servers, captains and coat check staff for catered events of all sizes. They are currently in their busy season and are extremely interested in hiring TASSC survivors. To apply, you must submit a resume and application and attend their orientation. For more information, reach out to Kelsey at Kelsey@tassc.org or contact your case manager.
- Sunrise Senior Living - Sunrise Senior Living provides care to its residents in a few locations (Arlington, Alexandria and Bethesda). This company is hiring for a variety of positions, including cooks, maintenance assistants, drivers, dishwashers and house keepers. See their jobs page for more details!
- Per Scholas - Per Scholas' mission is to open doors to trans-formative technology careers for individuals from undeserved communities. They do this by providing high level IT training for free. Specifically, they offer CompTIA Network&Security+ and COMPTIA A+. To get into the training program, you must pass their entry exam which tests English and Math skills. For more information on the entrance exam, see their website.
- Jubilee Housing - Jubilee Housing creates service-enriched affordable housing in Washington, DC. They work to help individuals and families thrive and ensure that there is a place in our city for those at risk. They are currently hiring for a number of positions including Accounting Manager, Program Associate and Office Manager. See their website for more details.